The Council of Sections (COS) invites members of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy to submit topics for the topical roundtable discussions held on Sunday, July 19; Monday, July 20; or Tuesday, July 21, 2020.
Roundtables are intended for informal discussions of pressing current topics important to the Academy and to provide a venue to both share and learn from other colleges and schools.
Deadline: Friday, April 3, 11:59 p.m. PST
- All roundtable submitters and facilitators must be AACP members. Information on joining or renewing your membership can be found on the AACP website.
- AACP does not assume responsibility for costs associated with presenting at the meeting and all facilitators must be registered attendees at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Roundtables that include reference to commercially available products or services must include fair balance for other resources in the same category.
- Exhibitors/Sponsors/Promotional products, goods, and services are prohibited.
Submitting a Roundtable Discussion Topic
- All topics must be submitted online to Jennifer M. Danielson, Council of Sections Immediate Past Chair by Friday, April 3, 2020.
- If you have suggestions for a roundtable facilitator, please submit the name of the potential facilitator along with the suggested topic.
- When submitting your roundtable topic, please submit an objective as to what information the participants will take away from the discussion.
- For topics that receive multiple submissions, roundtable facilitators will be selected for the Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday session.
- There should only be one facilitator per roundtable, as each table will only have seating for ten.
- Notification regarding which topics have been selected will be e-mailed to the submitter by early May.
Criteria for Selection
Each roundtable topic submission will be evaluated on the following four criteria: originality, applicability, objectives and timeliness.
- Originality – Is the topic area unique (i.e., no other proposals that are similar), innovative, and interesting?
- Applicability - Will the information aid attendees in their academic activities? Is the topic area of interest to one or more academic pharmacy constituents?
- Objectives – Are the objectives clear as it pertains to the subject? Do the objectives indicate what information the participants will take away from the discussion?
- Timeliness – Is the topic area of interest to the AACP membership?
Roundtable Discussion Session Logistics
- Meeting participants have the opportunity to select and rotate three times between twenty tables.
- Each facilitator will have three groups of approximately nine people.
- Each rotation will be approximately 17 minutes.
- Unfortunately, PowerPoint presentations, Internet, posters and other A/V equipment are not possible in this setting.
- In our effort to go green, handouts are not required. However, if you would like to give handouts to participants, you must provide them.
Please send any questions to Dorothy Novilus at email@example.com.