The next Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) will be held in July, 2019, in Chicago, Illinois. The Annual Meeting provides opportunities for Academy members to present and network during plenary sessions, special and mini-sessions, roundtables, poster presentations and in the exhibit hall. AACP members are invited to submit proposals for Mini-Sessions (30-minutes, maximum 2 speakers) on topics broadly applicable to contemporary pharmacy education. Proposals, including innovations developed at one school, are appropriate for the 30-minute mini-session. Perspectives from more than one institution are encouraged to submit for the 60-minute special sessions.
Only AACP members are eligible to submit a Mini-Session proposal for the 2019 AACP Annual Meeting. Please submit a proposal through the programming online submission portal by 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. All mini-session submissions may include a maximum of two learning objectives. Speakers seeking continuing education credits for their mini-sessions may incorporate Q&A for their session’s active learning component.
- All program submitters must be AACP members. Information on joining or renewing your membership can be found on the AACP Web site
- AACP does not assume responsibility for costs associated with bringing speakers to the meeting and all speakers must be registered attendees at the 2019 Annual Meeting
- Standard audiovisual equipment (LCD projector, screen and podium with microphone) will be provided at no charge; laptops are not included in presentations – please bring your laptop
- Special requests for other audiovisual equipment will be reviewed for feasibility and cost
- Programming that includes reference to commercially available products or services must include fair balance for other resources in the same category
- Proposals should be complete and as descriptive as possible in order to be fairly reviewed. Incomplete proposals will be not be reviewed.
- Programming criteria and submission information are available on the Pharmacy Education 2019 submission information page.
- In an effort to make the submission process more user friendly, the username and password for the programming submission site is the same as your AACP username and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, please contact LaToya Casteel, Member Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.739.2330 ext. 1004.
- If your speaker is not a member of AACP, a profile must be created for them on the programming submission site. You will receive notification from the site if your speaker is not a member and given the opportunity to create a profile for them.
- It is essential for you to complete all fields on the submission application. All session speakers (and moderators, if applicable) must be identified in your proposal.
- You will be able to make changes to your proposal online, via the programming submission system until the site closes at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
- Finally, to ensure your submission has been received, please remember to select the Accept and Continue button on each Web page or your submission will not go through. An email to confirm your submission will be sent to you immediately. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder.
- Please scroll down for complete instructions on how to create a mini-session proposal.
The deadline for all programming submissions is Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. (PST).
Mini-Session Selection Process:
AACP strives to include as many members’ mini-session proposals as possible. Unfortunately as a result of limited programming times, not everyone’s proposals can be accepted. Members interested in mini-session proposals are encouraged to select no more than 3 (total) Section(s) or SIG(s) on the submission site to indicate which group(s) may be particularly interested in “adopting” the session as their own.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection panel against criteria that include the relevance of the topic to attendees, unique nature of the content and other factors. Not all proposals will be accepted. Acceptance notifications will be sent in late January.
Proposals that are not accepted but are of merit will be sent to the Sections and SIG leaders for review. If your mini- session proposal fits their programming plan, the Section or SIG program chair will work with you to integrate it as their Section or SIG program. This will assure your program a time slot at the Annual Meeting. If a Section or SIG selects your mini-session, you will receive acceptance notification by mid-February.
For questions or further information, please contact Dorothy Novilus at email@example.com.
How to Create a Mini-Session
Please go to the program submission site to enter a mini-session (a 30-minute presentation with no more than 2 speakers). The username and password for the programming submission site is the same as your AACP username and password. You will have access to the “Submitter Menu” page to input sessions. The deadline for submitting your programs is Wednesday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
To add or edit a mini-session program for the AACP Annual Meeting, click submission site to get started.
Adding a program
- Select Submit or Edit a Proposal under the Submitter Menu
- Click on Submit a Mini Session to add a program
- Complete the following fields on the first screen:
- Session Title (word limit: 15, Initial Caps Only)
- Program Description (word limit: 75, Proof-read your entry, this is how it will display in the program)
- Program Design: Describe the basic outline of your proposed session (Ex: 20-minute presentation, 10-minute Q&A)
- Number of people anticipated: Best guess; think of the relevance and popularity of the topic; is it a broad or specialized topic of interest
- Program Purpose: Session presents an innovative topic or fulfills an unmet need? (CPD activities must be applicable, evidence-based, enhance participants competence and skills which reflect the 2013 CAPE Educational Outcomes and be the result of a needs analysis)
- Speaker Experience and Discipline: (word limit: 250) Describe your speaker's experience & knowledge in the topic area
- Learning Objectives: The objectives are used in the evaluation process by the Program Committee; you may have a maximum of 2 learning objectives
- Active Learning Exercise (required if requesting CPD; speakers should consider incorporating Q&A)
- Program Session category: Select the category which most closely reflects your submission
- CE Credit Request
- Comments/Special Requests
- Preferred Programming Day (cannot be guaranteed)
- Room Setup: Mini-Sessions will be set in theater style with a head table for two
- Assessment: Describe the assessment tools that will be utilized for this session (CPD activities must include assessments which indicate clear achievement of the learning objectives)
- Session Level: AACP encourages a mix of introductory and advanced sessions
- Advanced: content appropriate beyond basic concept appropriate for an experienced faculty member
- Introductory: content appropriate for new faculty/staff or a faculty member with new responsibilities
- Session Type: required for those seeking CE credits
- Intended Audience: If possible select up to 3 Sections and/or SIGs whose members would benefit from attending your session
- Has this program content been presented at AM to AACP in the past?
- (If answer to the previous question is YES, what Annual Meeting Year was it presented?)
- If your programming is leadership related, and it is not selected to be presented at the Annual Meeting, would you be willing to be considered for the 2020 INterim Meeting?
- To advance to the next screen you must select Accept and Continue button on each Web page
- The second screen will ask for participant speakers (Mini-Sessions are limited to 2 speakers)
- Type in the last name of the session speakers and click on Search by Last Name
- If they are AACP members, their name and contact information will appear under the “List of Potential Participants”
- If they are not a member of AACP, complete step 1 and then click on Add Unlisted Participant (on the bottom left on the screen in green) to enter their name and contact information
- If you are a speaker or moderator, in addition to the session organizer, you must add yourself
- Please make sure speakers are in the order in which you would like them printed in the official meeting program. If you have two speakers the order can be changed by clicking on Up or Down in the Participant Order field
2. Select the speaker from the "Current Session Participants" by clicking on their role in the program. Most will serve as a speaker or moderator
- To advance to the next screen you must select Accept and Continue
- The third screen is a request for audio-visual (A/V) equipment. Standard audiovisual equipment (LCD projector, screen and podium with microphone) will be provided at no charge. You may make special requests, such as for a laptop sound cord. Specially requested A/V equipment is not guaranteed. A/V pricing is for the AACP Sections and Special Interest Groups use only. AACP will not provide laptops or laser pointer.
- The fourth screen is a summary of your session
- Finally, to ensure your program has been submitted, please remember to select the Accept and Continue button on each Web page, including the summary page or your submission will not go through. An email to confirm your submission will be sent to you immediately.