A Tour of FDA’s Office of Clinical Pharmacology
This webinar will provide an introduction to and overview of the FDA Office of Clinical Pharmacology (OCP). A representative from FDA OCP will share programs and resources from the office that colleges an7d schools of pharmacy can access to advance their research, service and practice missions. Opportunities may include:
- Training and sabbaticals
- Exchange of clinical and research expertise for faculty and schools
- APPE rotations, internships, and fellowships for students
- Participants will learn about the mission of the FDA Office of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Participants will be able to describe OCP’s role in the drug review process including application of model informed drug development (MIDD) and precision medicine.
- Participants will be able to discuss the different types of research conducted by OCP.
- Participants will be able to describe OCP’s labeling and guidance initiatives.
- Participants will be able to identify and locate FDA OCP resources of interest to their school or department.
Senior Director of Science Policy and Chief Science Office
Joseph Grillo, PharmD
Associate Director for Labeling and Health Communication
Office of Clinical Pharmacology
Immediate Office of Translational Sciences
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
U.S. Food and Drug Administration