Please join us for the 2023 AACP Admissions Workshop: Reaching New Heights in Recruitment, Admissions, and Student Success! We welcome all administrators, faculty, and staff who play a role in recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, and retention of a diverse group of professional or graduate degree program students to this 2-day event. The hike to the summit will involve opportunities to learn, engage, and network. Workshop sessions highlight novel strategies for fostering student success, including pre-matriculation programs to boost math and other skills, as well as refined approaches by which the Academy can collectively overcome the enrollment challenges and promote an avalanche of applications. The Workshop will precede the 2023 Annual Meeting. Additional details about programming, WebAdMIT training, and registration will be available by spring 2023.
- Friday, July 21, 2023: Programming (8 a.m.–5 p.m.) and Reception (5 p.m.–6 p.m.)
- Saturday, July 22, 2023: Programming (8 a.m.–5 p.m.)
Proposals Deadline: Monday, January 16, 2023 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Time (HT).
Don't Let These Concerns Stand in Your Way! Submit Today!
- No Co-Presenter: If you are interested in presenting on a particular topic and are unable to independently identify a co-author from another institution, we still encourage you to submit a session. If accepted, we may match you with one or more accepted presenters in the same topic area.
- No or Limited Outcomes Data: While we strongly encourage you to share any available outcomes data, we recognize that not all activities will directly correlate with applications, enrollment, success, or retention. Please share your innovative ways to engage, assess, and support prospective students at every level, regardless of whether the effect of those efforts on the institution or individuals is yet known.
- Short Session Time: We recognize that you may have a great idea or activity related to a particular topic, but only need a few minutes to share it. The session proposal form allows you to identify what session length may best suit your content. Proposed sessions ranging from 10-60 minutes are welcome!
- Scaling Up - Undergraduate Collaborations and Student Recruitment: Presentations will focus on strategies for integrating pharmacy promotion into the institution’s undergraduate programs and activities, including recruitment, admissions, orientation, advising, and curriculum.
- On the Right Path - Developing and Assessing Soft Skills: Presentations will describe how pharmacy schools can support the development of soft (non-academic) skills of prospective students before they apply, help them overcome well-being challenges or missed educational opportunities before they apply, and/or assess their soft skills in a holistic admissions process to ensure they can be successful in the professional program.
- Ready to Reach the Top - Assessing Applicants for Academic Preparedness: Presentations will focus on admission and pre-enrollment assessment strategies to identify applicants who have the potential to be successful in the professional curriculum.
- Peak Elevation - Post-Acceptance/Pre-Matriculation Programs: Presentations will highlight successful post-acceptance/pre-matriculation programs offered by member schools.
- All Workshop proposals must be submitted online by Monday, January 16, 2023 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Time (HT).
- The Workshop submission form differs from the Annual Meeting submission form (now closed).
- AACP members and non-members are eligible to submit.
- Individuals may submit more than one session proposal for the Workshop.
- Submitters are encouraged to create a separate Save & Return login account for each proposal.
- Session proposals may overlap with abstracts submitted for the 2023 AACP Annual Meeting.
- AACP will share decisions on Workshop proposals by March 1, 2023.
- AACP may ask submitters with similar proposals to collaborate on a joint session.
- All invited speakers must agree to attend the onsite program, register, and pay to attend the 2023 Admissions Workshop, and are responsible for their own travel expenses.
- There will be NO online participation options for attendees or speakers at the 2023 Annual Meeting or Admissions Workshop.
The Admissions Workshop Advisory Committee will review session proposals and will consider the following criteria: The session proposal…
- is well-written and describes the session clearly,
- has clear and appropriate learning objectives,
- properly addresses the selected topic,
- is unique or innovative,
- provides timely and/or future-focused content,
- is likely to be of interest to Workshop attendees,
- will engage attendees, and
- will be presented by individuals who likely have the necessary expertise.
Please contact the AACP student affairs team at email@example.com.