AACP invites student pharmacists, graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, residents, and fellows at AACP's member colleges and schools of pharmacy to submit research abstracts describing projects that utilize the AACP Opioid-Related Activities Database. Selected abstracts will be presented during the 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting. The submitter of an accepted abstract will receive a complimentary registration to Pharmacy Education 2021, a $100 visa gift card, and a plaque of recognition from AACP.
The submission period for 2021 has closed.
Accepted abstracts from Virtual Pharmacy Education 2020 can be viewed on AJPE.
- Abstracts must describe projects that made use of the AACP Opioids-Related Activities Database. The abstract must explain the use and value of the database to the project. The database does not have to be the primary source of data or main focus of the project.
- All abstracts must be submitted by AACP members. Information on how to join AACP or renew your AACP membership can be found on the AACP website.
- Abstracts describing human subjects research are required to submit Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval or exemption documentation at the time of abstract submission.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by AACP staff. Please refer to the Training Poster Competition Evaluation Criteria, Phase 1: Abstract Review when composing your abstract to ensure your work is adequately described.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. Please Note: If an abstract has previously been published in another journal, it will not be published again in AJPE.
All abstracts must be submitted via the webform by Wednesday, March 17, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. (PST).
- Proposal Title: The title should indicate the nature of the study and may not exceed fifteen words. Do not type in all capital letters; only major words in the title should be capitalized.
- Abstract: Submit the abstract text as you would like it to appear in the final format. Tables, symbols, and figures cannot be accommodated. Please refer to the AJPE Author Instructions for more information regarding formatting of the text of your abstract. Please Note: The total combined word count of the following four elements must not exceed 280 words.
- Human Subjects Research: Indicate if your abstract describes human subjects research. If you are unsure, please consult your IRB for further guidance.
- Institutional Review Board: If you answer yes to "Does the work described in this abstract constitute human subjects research?," indicate if you received IRB approval or exemption for this work. Please Note: You must upload documentation of approval or exemption or your abstract will not be considered.
- Please carefully review your abstract and all information before submitting. AACP will not proofread accepted abstracts prior to publication in AJPE.
- AACP will not check submissions for the presence or accuracy of uploaded documentation prior to the submission deadline.