First-time faculty at an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy may receive a two-year complimentary AACP membership. This membership is a component of AACP’s faculty development program, designed to help new faculty succeed early in their careers. To get the most out of this membership, we recommend that new faculty fully engage with their peers via AACP’s offerings.
AACP New Faculty Member Checklist:
- Collaborate with Faculty: Join AACP Sections and Special Interest Groups to share ideas with colleagues across the country and to meet other new faculty within your discipline.
- AACP Connect: Participate in the Council of Faculty’s new Junior Faculty Community via AACP Connect to share perspectives on issues related to teaching or research, balancing personal and professional lives, and navigating the pharmacy education world.
- American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (AJPE): Familiarize yourself with the most widely read journal for academic pharmacists, AJPE, and gain insights into views and research within your discipline. Plan to send a manuscript to AJPE!
- Stay Informed: The latest pharmacy education information and news is collected for you in AACP’s magazine, Academic Pharmacy Now, and in the eLert Newsletters. In addition, all Webinars are free to members and provide useful information on a variety of topics.
- Attend the Annual Meeting: Join over 2,300 of your peers to discuss pharmacy education issues and to gain insights into teaching and research in your field. First-time faculty receive a significantly reduced registration rate.
Eligibility: To be eligible, this must be the faculty member’s first academic appointment at an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy, and they must be a full-time faculty member. New faculty members who have previously taught at other colleges or schools of pharmacy are not eligible.
How to Join: AACP frequently receives first-time faculty listings directly from our member institutions via the annual roster survey they complete. Please email AACP membership services to see if the Association already has your faculty information in our records.
If AACP has not yet received your faculty information from your institution, we ask that you apply for the complimentary membership by completing the application form posted below. In addition, a brief letter on official school letterhead from the dean or department head, stating that you are a first-time faculty member, must accompany this form.
The first-time faculty application form and letter can be sent to AACP by email, by fax 703-836-8982 or by mail: AACP, 1727 King St. Floor 2, Alexandria, VA 22314.