INnovate 2023 is AACP’s Interim Meeting where attendees will learn from expert speakers and industry thought leaders to gain new perspectives and enhanced skills to help them prepare for transformation in pharmacy education and practice.
INnovate 2023 - FAQs
General Meeting Information
Deans, Associate/Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty and Professional Staff should attend.
Friday, February 17
- 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: New Deans ACPE Orientation and Reception
- 6:00 p.m.– 7:30 p.m.: AACP Board of Directors Reception with ALFP & Special Guests
Saturday, February 18
- 7:00 a.m.– 8:30 a.m.: COD Administrative Board Planning Session
- 8:00 a.m.– 9:30 a.m.: Council of Faculties Administrative Board Meeting
- 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: New CEO Deans Program
- 9:00 a.m.– 2:00 p.m.: Administrative and Financial Officers (AFO) SIG Program
- 11:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.: CEO Deans Roundtable
- 1:00 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.: New Administrators Program
- 2:45 p.m.- 4:15 p.m.: Connections and Conversations: Assistant and Associate Deans
- 2:45 p.m.- 4:15 p.m.: Connections and Conversations: Department Chairs
- 4:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.: Meeting Kickoff: The Future of Higher Education: A Time for Leadership
- 5:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.: Welcome Reception
- 6:30 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.: CEO Deans Networking Reception
Sunday, February 19
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Council of Deans Administrative Board Meeting
- 8:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.: Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.: Keynote: Leveraging Your Culture as a Competitive Advantage
- 10:00 a.m.- 10:15 a.m.: Networking Break
- 10:15 a.m.- 11:45 a.m.: ALFP Debate #1 (Extended Version)
- 11:45 a.m.- 1:15 p.m.: Town Hall and Lunch
- 1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.: ALFP Debate #2
- 1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.: Update from the 2022-23 AACP COD/COF Faculty Workload Reimagined Joint Task Force
- 2:30 p.m.- 2:45 p.m.: Networking and Beverage Break
- 2:45 p.m.- 3:45 p.m.: Enrollment Declines and the Fiscal Impact: Strategies Implemented, and Lessons Learned
- 3:45 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.: Networking Break
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.: The Great Resignation: Strategies to Improve Faculty Retention
Monday, February 20
- 7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m.: Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m.- 9:30 a.m.: ACPE Organizational Update
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.: Networking Break
- 9:45 a.m.- 10:45 a.m.: ALFP Debate #3
- 9:45 a.m.- 10:45 a.m.: Straight From the Source: Factors Affecting Student Well-Being & Opportunities for Action
- 10:45 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.: Networking Break
- 11:00 a.m.- Noon: Community-Academic Partnerships: Inspiring and Advancing Community Pharmacy Practice
- Noon- 1:45 p.m.: Lunch and Panel Presentation
- 1:45 p.m.- 3:15 p.m.: Progress Through Collaboration: How to Work Collectively to Advance Pharmacy Practice in Your State
- 3:15 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.: Networking and Beverage Break
- 3:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.: Council of Deans Business Meeting
- 3:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.: Council of Faculties Forum
Tuesday, February 21
- 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m.: Continental Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.: Contemporary Controversies in Pharmacy Higher Education: Let’s Get Licit
- 10:00 a.m.- 10:15 a.m.: Networking and Beverage Break
- 10:15 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.: Accelerating Transformation: A Workshop for Leaders to Bridge Pharmacy Education and Practice
Welcome! We are glad you have chosen to attend INnovate 2023. Network and socialize during our Welcome Reception on Saturday, Feb. 18. Share and learn from your colleagues during the social and professional opportunities we have planned for you.
Attire at the AACP sessions is business casual. Feel free to be comfortable in slacks, polo shirts, cardigans (for chilly meeting rooms), blazers, blouses and most importantly, comfortable shoes. Attire for the Welcome Reception on Saturday evening is business casual.
Hotel and Travel
All programming will be held at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida, February 18-21, 2023.
The AACP single/double occupancy group rate is $240 (+12.5% applicable state and local taxes). This room rate automatically includes the resort fee and in-room Wi-Fi fee. Discounted guestroom rates will be offered, based on availability, three days pre- and post-meeting dates.
After registering for INnovate 2023, you will immediately receive a confirmation email with information about the meeting, including how to reserve your room in the AACP room block. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 1 hour of completing your registration, please contact email@example.com to request that the confirmation email be resent to you. Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours (3 days) prior to your reservation start date without penalty. A credit card will be required for guarantee purposes but will not be pre-charged.
Important Notice: Please be on the lookout for scams. There are “convention services” companies that sometimes contact conference attendees to solicit hotel reservations for public-facing meetings. These companies have not been authorized to handle our housing and are not affiliated with our meetings in any way. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these companies. We strongly recommend that you do not provide credit card details to any phone or email solicitors. If you do reserve through one of these companies, you will likely not have a reservation when you arrive in Orlando. Please reserve your rooms directly through our registration and hotel process per the instructions in your confirmation email to avoid becoming the victim of fraud.
Staying at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld will allow AACP to keep your registration fees at the current rates. If AACP does not achieve a minimum number of overnight accommodations, the price of services will increase registration fees for future programs. Without your support, AACP faces huge financial penalties for unused sleeping rooms.
The closest airport to the hotel is the Orlando International Airport. It is 13 miles from the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld.
The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is approximately a 30-minute taxi or rideshare ride away from the Orlando International Airport.
Parking Options at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld:
Onsite Parking: $33/day
Valet Parking: $48/day
Electric Car Charging Station
The goal of the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is to meet every person's needs. For people with disabilities, that means providing a fully accessible environment. The hotel complies with the regulations set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please make special arrangements ahead of time by contacting the hotel concierge. For more information about the physical features of their accessible rooms, common areas or special services relating to a specific disability please call (407) 351-5555.
AACP does not provide childcare services. The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld does not have nanny services available.
Typical temperatures in Orlando during the meeting dates tend to range from the mid-50s at night to the low-80s during the day. We recommend packing layers to accommodate various weather conditions. There will also be a chance of rain that time of year, so please be mindful of weather forecasts and plan accordingly.
The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is a pet-friendly hotel. Pet-friendly rooms are available. Max of 2 pets per room with advance registration. $50 per night/$150 max stay. You must notify the hotel that you are requesting a pet-friendly room when you book your reservation.
Visit the Registration portion of AACP’s INnovate 2023 website for more information regarding registration as soon as it opens.
Reminder: members must be logged into the AACP website with their username and password to access the member registration rates.
Your badge will be available onsite at the AACP Registration and Information Desk. The Registration and Information desk is your hub for any questions you may have while at INnovate 2023. The Registration and Help Desk is open at the hours listed below:
Friday, February 17: 1:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 18: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 19: 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Monday, February 20: 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Cancellation requests must be made by Friday, January 27, 2023, and will incur a $100 cancellation fee. All refunds will be issued in the form of a credit for use towards AACP's Programs, Products or Services within one year from the date of issue. All cancellations requests must be made in writing to Janet Mudd, accounting manager.
For any meeting registration questions related to payments, please contact please contact Janet Mudd, accounting manager, at 703-739-2330 ext. 1023.
Yes! Guest registration is $225 and includes entrance to the Welcome Reception on Saturday, Feb. 18 and continental breakfast before the sessions. This registration does not apply to faculty, administrators and/or staff of pharmacy schools. The CEO Deans Networking Reception is not included.
For health and safety considerations, children under the age of 16 are not permitted to attend any functions. Those 16 years old or older must still be registered as a guest.
Presentations will be available on the event mobile app and event website this year.
Please note: it is up to the discretion of the speaker to upload materials for their session.
Yes. INnovate 2023 offers several programs designed with CEO Deans in mind:
Saturday, February 18:
- New CEO Deans Program (Continental Breakfast at 8:30 a.m., Formal Program 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
The Council of Deans Administrative Board invites all Interim CEO Deans and CEO Deans who have been in their roles for three years or less to attend this session. AACP CEO Lee Vermeulen and Council of Deans Chair Toyin Tofade will provide an overview of the AACP Strategic Plan and the Council of Deans. The Council of Deans Administrative Board will facilitate roundtable discussions regarding leading a college/school of pharmacy, AACP programs, and other topics of interest to new CEO Deans. Additional materials for new deans are available in AACP Connect. Continental breakfast will be provided.
- CEO Deans Roundtable (Lunch at 11:30 a.m., Formal Program: Noon – 4:00 p.m.)
CEO Deans: Join your peers at this special session where you’ll discuss relevant and timely topics germane to your administrative role, pharmacy academia and the profession. This four-hour meeting will allow time to discuss current topics of concern to CEO Deans, including the shrinking higher education landscape, the great resignation in academic pharmacy, and psychological safety. This meeting is open to (Interim) CEO Deans of colleges and schools of pharmacy only, therefore no representative(s) for any CEO Dean should be identified to attend.
Attendees will be able to earn up to 5.50 hours of CE credits following the completion of the accredited continuing education activities presented during INnovate 2023 and their corresponding CE assessments and evaluations. Please refer to the continuing education webpage or programming page for more information on the sessions offering CE credit. Participating sessions are marked as such with a NABP/ACPE program number, activity type, and the number of contact hours.
AACP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Attendees must register, complete and submit CE session assessments and evaluations by accessing the online AACP CE Administration program, Learning Express CE (LECE): https://aacp.learningexpressce.com. With the access code provided at the conclusion of each accredited CE, attendees must complete the activity assessment with a passing score of 75%, and the CE session evaluation for each session they are requesting continuing education credit. CPE credit information will be electronically transmitted to CPE Monitor. Pharmacists should log in to their NABP e-profile to access information about their completed CPE and to print a valid statement of credit if needed. Attendees will have 45 days following INnovate 2023 to complete the CPE requirements. Access to CE assessments and evaluations in LECE will be denied after Friday, April 7, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
If you have questions regarding CE before or after INnovate 2023, please contact Dorothy Novilus, Associate Director of Continuing Professional Development, at 703-739-2330 ext. 1027.