Packing information and insight into 10-minute segments, micro-sessions are an innovative way for meeting attendees to engage on different strategies and tactics that address important issues. This shorter format provides an opportunity for participants to hear multiple approaches and success stories. Each micro-session will have up to six, 10-minute quick presentations or “TED” type talks and cover specific and key take-away objectives based on an overall theme. Presenters should reserve 2-3 minutes of their presentation time to address questions from the attendees.
Micro-Session Submission Themes
AACP members are invited to submit micro-sessions on one of the following three themes:
- Inclusive Pedagogy: Speakers will discuss strategies and methods for removing barriers to learning and creating equitable opportunities for learner success and engagement in the classroom.
- Experiential Education - Quality Assurance and Assessment: Speakers will discuss strategies for promoting continuous improvement in experiential learning and quality assurance models/framework to assess experiential programs.
- Mid-Career Faculty – Advancement, Retention and Development: Speakers will discuss policies, strategies, or professional development opportunities/programs designed to support faculty advancement and promote faculty retention and development at their institutions.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST
- AACP is using Cadmium's Abstract Scorecard to collect annual meeting program submissions. Please review the instructions and submission criteria provided below before you begin your submission.
- All program submitters must be AACP members. Information on joining or renewing your membership can be found on the AACP website.
- The username and password for the submission site is the same as your AACP username and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, please contact LaToya Casteel, Membership Manager at email@example.com or 703.739.2330 ext. 1004.
- AACP does not assume responsibility for costs associated with bringing speakers to the meeting. All speakers must be registered attendees at the 2024 Annual Meeting.
- No financial compensation is provided to micro-session presenters for their participation in the Annual Meeting.
- Standard audiovisual equipment (LCD projector, screen and podium with wireless handheld microphone) will be provided in the room(s) where the micro-session presentations will be held.
- Sessions must avoid highlighting commercial products. Programming that includes reference to commercially available products or services must include fair balance for other resources in the same category.
- Proposals should be complete and as descriptive as possible in order to be fairly reviewed. Please review the criteria below for your micro-session presentation.
- The program committee has set a limit of three (3) programming submissions per individual. Please note, this applies to all submissions in which the individual is involved as a speaker, moderator, chair, or submitter. An individual may NOT be included on additional proposals, regardless of their role.
- You will be able to make changes to your proposal via the programming submission system until the site closes at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- Finally, to ensure your submission has been received, please remember to click the Save Submission button and then Submit your proposal. An email to confirm your submission will be sent to you immediately. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder.