Financial support will help students’ educational commitment to serving rural or underserved communities upon graduation.
For immediate release
Contact: Maureen Thielemans, 703-408-6140
Arlington, Va.—The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy has selected 7 individuals as recipients of the Walmart Health Equity Scholarship for Pharmacy Students recognizing their leadership, academic success, and a commitment to serving rural or medically underserved patient populations upon graduation.
Now in its second year, the goal of the scholarship program is to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will advance health equity. Each awardee will receive a single $5,000 scholarship.
The 2023 Walmart Health Equity Scholarship Recipients are:
- Brittney Henry, University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Anisha Jackson, Samford University
- Daeundra Jordan, University of Georgia
- Maegan (Bethany) Lamb, University of South Carolina
- Naomi Davis, Purdue University
- Joseph Chen, University of Pittsburgh
- Cara Milch, Touro College of Pharmacy