Financial support will help students’ educational commitment to serving rural or underserved communities upon graduation.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Maureen Thielemans, 703-408-6140
Arlington, Va.—The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy has selected 10 individuals as recipients of the Walmart Health Equity Scholarship for Pharmacy Students recognizing their leadership, academic success, and a commitment to serving rural or medically underserved patient populations upon graduation.
The goal of the scholarship program is to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will advance health equity. Each awardee will receive a single $5,000 scholarship.
The 2022 Walmart Health Equity Scholarship Recipients are:
- Jacee Billings, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Maya Harris, Howard University
- Nathalie Iribe, University of Southern California
- Jannell Jeffers, Thomas Jefferson University
- Karisse Lora, University of Connecticut
- Elise Moore, University of Minnesota
- Stanley Otiwu, University of Georgia
- Vindya Perera, Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Rena Reid, University of Pittsburgh
- Kenneth Richardson, University of Pittsburgh