Deadline to apply is May 1, 2019 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Time (May 2, 2019 5:59 a.m. Eastern Time).
AACP is committed to fostering an inclusive community and promoting diversity of thought, background, perspective, and experience to advance pharmacy education and improve patient health. Driven by this commitment, we are excited to announce that AACP and CVS Health have partnered to create a new CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students. This scholarship is intended to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will care for an increasingly diverse population of patients as part of a health care team.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The CVS Health Minority Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will consist of five scholarships given to outstanding underrepresented minority students accepted into a PharmD program for the 2019-2020 academic year OR currently enrolled in their first (P1) year of the professional phase of the PharmD program during the 2018-2019 academic year. Selected awardees must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to advancing the profession of pharmacy and patient care. Each recipient will receive a single $8,000 scholarship. The purpose of the scholarship is to reduce the financial barriers and challenges for underrepresented minority (URM) students who are pursuing a PharmD degree.
Qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Student must be accepted into a PharmD program for the 2019-2020 academic year or currently enrolled as a first year (P1) PharmD student in the 2018-2019 academic year at an ACPE pre-candidate, candidate, or accredited AACP member institution.
- Student must be an underrepresented minority (URM) student. AACP identifies URM individuals in pharmacy as black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Student must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to advancing the pharmacy profession and patient care.
- GPA for current degree program must be 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale. See Part 2: GPA Verification for more information.
- Student must submit a completed application by the deadline.
- If a scholarship is awarded to an accepted (not yet enrolled) pharmacy student, the award will be granted to the institution after the individual has started classes in the PharmD program. These students will be ineligible to apply for this scholarship again in the future.
A single scholarship in the amount of $8000 each will be awarded to five (5) outstanding URM students accepted into OR currently enrolled in their first (P1) year of the professional phase of the PharmD program at the time of submission.
AACP will pay the scholarship funds for each awardee directly to the pharmacy college or school where the student has been accepted or is currently enrolled. Funds will be dispersed in fall 2019 after the 2019-2020 academic year begins. Each institution will exclusively apply the scholarship funds to the awardee’s tuition and/or fees.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mid-July 2019
- Funds will be forwarded to the student's institution on or shortly after the start of class for Fall 2019.
- AACP will announce the scholarship recipients on the AACP and Pharmacy is Right for Me websites and social media channels.
Completed applications are due by May 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. HT (May 2, 2019 at 5:59 a.m. ET).