Contemporary Curriculum and Assessment Solutions Focused on Enhancing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The virtual Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Institute, co-hosted by the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, returns Jan. 18–20, 2023, to help members further advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism efforts at their institution and throughout the Association. Institutional teams will have the opportunity to collaborate with other faculty and staff across the Academy to help effectively incorporate and enhance EDI efforts within their curriculum and assessment plans.
- Describe why EDI is important in pharmacy education and healthcare.
- Interpret how EDI concepts, misconceptions, and vulnerabilities are similar and different for each person.
- Prepare inclusive and equity-minded teaching and assessment strategies to incorporate at the home institution.
- Develop and evaluate curriculum and assessment activities that appropriately promote EDI at the home institution.
Build Upon Past Work
Sessions at this year’s Institute will build upon the work of the 2021 and 2022 Institutes, but attendance at either of those sessions is not required to attend. There will be something for everyone!
- A panel of diverse patients, sharing their experiences with the healthcare team and perspectives on how to prepare future healthcare providers to provide more inclusive whole person care
- Guidance on how to enhance your inclusive teaching and assessment practices
- Examples of how to incorporate DEI in the didactic curriculum, experiential curriculum, and co-curriculum to address health disparities
- Several elective tracks to fit to your interests
Who Should Attend?
AACP encourages any faculty member, administrator, or staff person to attend, including participants at the 2022 EDI Institute. This institute would be particularly impactful for Curriculum and Assessment committee members along with Academic Affairs Deans. There is a special student rate, and we encourage teams to include the perspectives of students! Check out the Institute agenda and FAQs for more information.
Registration is $179 per person, with a student rate of $99 per student. Prior to registering, team composition should be determined, and schools/colleges can register all team members at the same time. The team maximum is 10 individuals per team. One person from the team or school can register the entire team via the online registration page. If individuals need to register and pay separately, the AACP staff will make sure that they are added to their school’s team. If a school is unable to send a full team, individuals may still register for the institute using the online form.
Registration for the EDI Institute will close on Monday, January 9, 2023 or when space is no longer available. Registration for the EDI Institute has sold out the past two years, so AACP encourages individuals to register early.