Catalyst Role Description
An individual accepted into the AACP Catalyst program,
- Build and lead collaborative research programs.
- Acquire skills to support high-impact research throughout changes in social, economic and political landscapes.
- Foster attitudes and behaviors that enhance research team productivity.
- Cultivate a network of research funders and leaders.
- Aspire to move others toward a shared research vision within your organization.
- A network of Catalysts (a large group of 15 and smaller group of 5) will allow exploration of values, theories, strategies and actions to address research leadership.
- A Research Mentor at the Catalyst’s home institution enables the Catalyst to grow according to their individualized research leadership development plan and the needs of the institution.
- A supporting network of AACP staff is encouraged and will strengthen research leadership development within AACP.
- Further networks will be established as the Catalyst advocates for and connect to the broader research community.
- In a position to accept and/or expand research leadership responsibilities.
- Ethics and values consistent with AACP.
- Assurance of release time to engage in the AACP Catalyst meetings and associated activities (approximately 12-14 days).
- Create and implement personal research leadership development plan.
- Attend and actively participate in three multi-day meetings during the year.
- Schedule meetings (formal and informal) with Research Mentor and plan for those meetings by providing topics and discussion agenda or sharing that responsibility with the Research Mentor.
- Improve and/or develop modern leadership attitudes and behaviors consistent with Responsible Conduct of Research.