Election Nominations are now open.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Biographical sketch (up to 250 words maximum; in Word format)
- Letter of Interest (maximum two pages, single spaced)
- Photo (jpeg or tiff format at 300 dpi or greater; either black and white or color)
Please contact Cindy Ziegler, Associate Director of Governance and Executive Office Operations, with any questions or for more information.
Submit a Nomination
Responsibilities for All Board Level Positions
Subject to the limits set by the Bylaws, assumes leadership responsibilities for AACP, including but not limited to:
- Adopting the annual budget and maintaining fiduciary responsibility for the Association
- Proposing membership dues for submission to the House of Delegates for Approval
- Approving institutional membership requests for final action by House of Delegates
- Leads by examples and is a representative of the Association’s membership
- Serve as liaisons to various governance groups
- Serves as a leader (point person) to provide insight regards issues facing the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy to the membership as a whole
- Assists the officers in providing oversight on the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy’s future direction in meeting the goals of the Association and membership growth
- Knows the issues before the Board and House of Delegates
- Seeks and respects the opinions of other Directors
- Looks for sound and innovative solutions on behalf of the Association
- Works to develop consensus
- Participates actively in Board meetings and the governance of the Association
In July 2020, the AACP Board of Directors adopted a policy on granting, deferring, suspending or revoking AACP honors, awards and leadership positions. The Board was motivated to adopt this policy through recognition that known harassing and discriminatory behavior by individuals in leadership positions or by those who receive honors or awards can contribute to longstanding structural and systemic barriers to participation by all people in academic pharmacy.
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) confers honors and awards, including but not limited to:
- elected leadership positions within AACP, its board of directors, councils, sections and special interest groups;
- selection for service on standing and ad hoc committees and task forces of the association;
- awards made by AACP and its units in recognition of lifetime or specific research and service contributions and achievements;
- and the honor of being the name of an award that will be conferred on others.
Honors and awards are determined in AACP’s judgment and discretion. AACP retains the right to grant, defer or decline to grant an honor or award to any person. AACP also retains the right to revoke or suspend an honor or award already granted if, in its judgment and discretion, AACP determines that it is in the best interests of the field to do so. Suspension means the honor (and the ability of the recipient to exercise any associated privileges and rights) are held in abeyance until notice by AACP that the honor is reinstated or revoked.
When applying this policy in situations of credible but undetermined questions, AACP is withholding judgment and is not making a statement or determination regarding any individual. Rather, AACP is implementing a prophylactic measure to support the field’s priority efforts to break down longstanding barriers to excellence. Any statement or action to the contrary is prohibited and not authorized by AACP.