The AACP 2024 Annual Meeting Program Committee invites members to submit proposals for the conversation world cafes, 90-minute sessions structured around facilitated discussions about hot topics in pharmacy education. All conversation cafes should have a maximum of two speakers, with preference given to faculty from different pharmacy schools or different disciplines. These sessions are presented in the format of a world café where there will be no AV in the room (other than microphone(s)), and follow the structure outlined below:
- Brief presentation (up to 20 minutes) to provide an overview of the topic and provide a list of additional resources for participants to learn more on their own.
- 3 Rounds of Powerful Questions to stimulate conversation for a total of 60 minutes. Questions should be open-ended, and thought-provoking. Each question will be posed during one of the three 20-minute rounds for each table to discuss. Participants will rotate tables after each round and meet a new set of tablemates to discuss a new question.
- Harvest the main points discussed during each round with an online poll and provide data to AACP to help inform future association initiatives.
- Wrap-up and Q&A the last 10 minutes of the session.
Preference will be placed on topics that are of broad interest to the Academy. They may include priority areas for AACP and should be emerging topics that are important and/or controversial. Feedback and data will be collected from the participants and used by AACP to inform further action items to advance the work related to these critical topics.
Only AACP members are eligible to submit proposals for the 2024 AACP Annual Meeting. All conversation cafe submissions must include three learning objectives. Programs seeking continuing education credit must also include an active learning component and learning assessments to be considered.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at 11:59 PM PST
- AACP is using Cadmium's Abstract Scorecard to collect annual meeting program submissions. Please review the instructions and submission criteria provided below before you begin your submission.
- All program submitters must be AACP members. Information on joining or renewing your membership can be found on the AACP website.
- The username and password for the submission site is the same as your AACP username and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, please contact LaToya Casteel, Membership Manager at email@example.com or 703.739.2330 ext. 1004.
- AACP does not assume responsibility for costs associated with bringing speakers to the meeting and all speakers must be registered attendees at the 2024 Annual Meeting.
- No financial compensation is provided to speakers for their participation in the annual meeting.
- Speakers will have access to microphone(s); no other audio/visual equipment will be provided in the conversation cafes room(s).
- Sessions must avoid highlighting commercial products. Programming that includes reference to commercially available products or services must include fair balance for other resources in the same category.
- Proposals should be complete and as descriptive as possible in order to be fairly reviewed. Please review the criteria, available below, prior to developing your session.
- The program committee has set a limit of three (3) programming submissions per individual. Please note, this applies to all submissions in which the individual is involved as a speaker, moderator, chair, or submitter. An individual may NOT be included on additional proposals, regardless of their role.
- All session speakers (and moderators, if applicable) must be identified in the proposal. If your speaker is not a member of AACP, a profile must be created for them on the programming submission site.
- You will be able to make changes to your proposal via the programming submission system until the site closes at 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- Finally, to ensure your submission has been received, please click the "Save Submission" button and then submit your proposal. An email to confirm your submission will be sent to you immediately. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder.