2019 Award Information
- Submission Portal Opens: October 1, 2018
- Application Deadline: 11:59 PST, December 5, 2018
- Award Information and Application Instructions
The application deadline for the 2018-2019 has now closed.
The Volwiler Research Achievement Award was established as the research prize in academic pharmacy to honor the late Ernest H. Volwiler, former president and research director of Abbott Laboratories. The intent of the Award is to recognize annually an individual within the ranks of pharmacy education recognized by his or her peers as one of the leading research workers in a given area of the pharmaceutical and clinical sciences, pharmacy practice and the social and administrative sciences, and for outstanding contributions to the respective disciplines. This award consists of a gold medal and a $5,000 prize which are presented to the Award winner.
The application deadline for the 2018-2019 year has now closed. Please contact Karli Rounds, Meetings Manager, with any questions.
Past Award Recipients
- 2018 - Kathleen M. Giacomini, Ph.D.
- 2017 - Palmer W. Taylor, Ph.D.
- 2016 - Julie A. Johnson, Pharm.D.
- 2015 - Kuo-Hsiung Lee, Ph.D.
- 2014 - John M. Pezzuto, Ph.D.
- 2013 - Gunda I. Georg, Ph.D.
- 2012 - Gene D. Morse, Pharm.D.
- 2011 - Sidney D. Nelson, Ph.D.
- 2010 - Hartmut C. Derendorf, Ph.D.
- 2009 - Duane D. Miller, Ph.D.