Don't Panic! The Importance of Strategic Planning in Enrollment Management during Challenging Times
Description: In these times of extreme challenges in the recruitment, admission, matriculation, and retention of student pharmacists, it is more important than ever to create and sustain enrollment management strategic plans that work in concert with the vision, mission, values, and objectives of our institutions. This session will examine the relevant internal and external factors affecting enrollment management and how the development and implementation of various strategies will allow institutions to be primed for success in enrollment management.
- Align the overarching strategic plan of the university with the offerings, branding, and direction of the college or school of pharmacy.
- Describe how administrators, faculty, and staff can best contribute to and utilize the Strategic Plan to support the success of the college or school of pharmacy.
- Identify specific challenges and realistic opportunities to drive enrollment success.
- Develop more strategic relationships between admissions and academic affairs personnel to enroll a class that is reflective of the program’s brand identity, academic offerings, and mission.
- Donald A. Godwin, Ph.D.
- Dean & Professor
- University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy
- Greg Hetrick, M.Ed.
- Assistant Dean of Enrollment and Community Management
- Manchester University College of Pharmacy, Natural, and Health Sciences