Professional Competency Areas for Student Affairs Educators
Description: In 2009, the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) and the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) collaborated to establish a common set of professional competency areas for student affairs educators. Dr. Jason Pina, who served on this Task Force, will provide a frame of reference for the competencies and rubrics and how they can be utilized for personal and professional growth and development across roles and functions for those serving in enrollment management roles within pharmacy education.
- Understand the fundamentals of the NASPA Competency Areas for Student Affairs Practitioners.
- Leverage the Competencies to enhance the professional development, supervision, hiring and team development in the area of enrollment management.
- Identify additional resources to support the use of the Competencies to advance the institution’s enrollment management goals.
- Jason B. Pina, Ed.D.
- Chief Strategy Officer for Global Programs and University Life
- New York University
- Heather MW Petrelli, M.A., Ph.D.
- Associate Dean for Student Affairs & Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacotherapeutics and Clinical Research
- University of South Florida Taneja College of Pharmacy