The Mid-Career Faculty Recharge Program, which runs from June 2023 to April 2024, will help faculty and staff in the Academy develop a plan to thrive in the next stage of their career and leave feeling rejuvenated, refocused, and recharged. Any faculty or staff member from U.S. schools/colleges of pharmacy that identify as a “mid-career” or “early senior” will benefit from completing this longitudinal program. This is broadly defined as someone that has at least 7 years of experience and is not within 7 years of retirement typically at an associate of full professor rank. Additionally, staff members that identify as “mid-career” are welcome.
- Reflect on career path (past, present, and future) using a variety of individual and group activities.
- Define knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for mid-career professional advancement.
- Develop enhanced wellbeing practices to use in your academic career.
- Create a refocused and recharged career plan to thrive in the next stage of your career.
- In-person Recharge Retreat with time to invest in yourself to reflect on where you have been and where you want to go in your career
- Group and 1:1 Coaching by professional coaches that are members of the Academy
- Synergy groups for networking, external peer-mentoring, goal-setting, discussions, accountability, and support
- Fun activities are included at the In-Person Retreat for networking (cocktail reception, Synergy Group dinner, Kansas City BBQ dinner, and Escape Room) and wellbeing (reflective nature walk, art therapy, and meditation)
- Skill building for the unique needs of mid-career faculty and staff will include topics such as time/productivity, job crafting, crucial conversations, imposter syndrome, stress recovery, and more
Registration and Program Fees
The registration fee is $799 (AACP members) and $999 (non-AACP members) for the 10-month longitudinal program. Travel-related expenses to the 2.5 day In-Person Retreat are not included in the registration fee.
Cohort 1 will accept 40 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants must be nominated by their CEO Dean or Department Chair with a limit of one participant per school. There are no selection criteria, application packet or letters needed, however, nominators must complete the simple form. Submitting a name does not guarantee you a spot. You will be sent an email with a link to officially register for the program and to secure your spot within 7-10 days. The nomination process will close on April 7.