The Mid-Career Faculty Recharge Program, which runs from June 2024 to June 2025, will help faculty and staff in the Academy develop a plan to thrive in the next stage of their career and leave feeling rejuvenated, refocused, and recharged. Any faculty or staff member from U.S. schools/colleges of pharmacy that identify as a “mid-career” or “early senior” will benefit from completing this longitudinal program. This is broadly defined as someone that has at least 7 years of experience and is not within 7 years of retirement typically at an associate or full professor rank. Additionally, staff members that identify as “mid-career” are welcome.
- Reflect on career path (past, present, and future) using a variety of individual and group activities.
- Define knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for mid-career professional advancement.
- Develop enhanced wellbeing practices to use in your academic career.
- Create a refocused and recharged career plan to thrive in the next stage of your career.
- In-person Recharge Retreat with time to invest in yourself to reflect on where you have been and where you want to go in your career (held June 2-June 5, 2024 in Kansas City, MO)
- Two 1:1 Coaching and 3 Group Coaching sessions by professional coaches that are members of the Academy
- Synergy groups for networking, external peer-mentoring, goal-setting, discussions, accountability, and support
- Fun activities are included at the In-Person Retreat for networking (cocktail reception, group dinner, Kansas City BBQ lunch, and Escape Room) and wellbeing (reflective walks, art therapy, and meditation)
- Skill building for the unique needs of mid-career faculty and staff will include topics such as time/productivity, job crafting, crucial conversations, imposter syndrome, stress recovery, and more
- Participation and certification in Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue training course
- Optional (meeting attendance is encouraged but not required as part of this program): In-person networking events at AACP Annual and Interim meetings
Registration and Program Fees
The registration fee is $1499 (AACP members) and $1699 (non-AACP members) for the 12-month longitudinal program. Travel-related expenses to the 3.5 day In-Person Retreat are not included in the registration fee.
Add On Coaching Package
This optional $600 add-on package includes additional 1:1 coaching with one of the Mid-Career Coaches above and beyond what is offered as a standard part of the program.
- Meet virtually with your coach for 6 sessions, each lasting 45 minutes
- Work with coach to schedule times to work for your schedule and you can select weekly, every other week, or monthly schedule
- All coaches have completed a formal coach training program and have experience in academic pharmacy
- Benefits of this individualized development can help you process current issues and feelings
- Coaching will help you reach your potential for a vibrant and fulfilling career and life
Nomination and Registration Process
Cohort 2 will accept 45 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis. Participants must be nominated by their CEO Dean or Department Chair with a limit of two participants per school. There are no selection criteria, application packet or letters needed, however, nominators must complete the simple form. Submitting a name does not guarantee you a spot. You will be sent an email with a link to officially register for the program and to secure your spot within 7-10 days. Once you are confirmed you will receive travel-related information for the in-person retreat.
Nominations are due by Friday, March 15 2024.
You must be able to attend the In-Person Recharge Retreat June 2-5, 2024 in Kansas City, MO and the Virtual Crucial Conversations Training January 9-10, 2025 online from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Additional 1-2 hour online sessions monthly between Aug. 2024 to June 2025 TBD.